By Grandpa Jack*
Here are some crucial rules for living, passed down through my mother’s side of the family:
- Throwing your hat on your bed is bad luck.
- Leaving an umbrella open in the house is bad luck – even to dry out.
- Wearing a hat in the house will make you bald – like Grandpa was.
- Good luck by looking at a white horse, without blinking while silently making your wish, and spitting in the palm of your left hand and then hitting the spittle with your closed right fist. Guaranteed – if you do not tell a soul.
- A “lazy-man’s load” is when your drop some of the huge load of firewood that you are carrying because you are too lazy to make another trip.
- Always return an item in better shape than when it was borrowed.
- Dreams that are in color are more likely to come true.
* Grandpa Jack, one of The Elderberries, always listened to his Grandmother Barlow, and that was probably a good idea.
By Grandpa Jack www.LifeWithTheElderberries © 2019